Open Source, Ruby, Ruby On Rails, PHP, CakePHP, Mysql, Linux, PCBSD, Emacs, Ubuntu, CENTOS, ArchLinux, Slackware, Opera, Sabah, Malaysia
[List] Ten Red Flags for Innovation
Read the full article - Ten Red Flags for Innovation by Business Week
- The lack of an innovation strategy
- No definition of innovation
- Too much focus on internal capabilities
- Too much focus on open innovation
- Internal silos are too firmly ingrained
- Too much focus on ideas and too little focus on people
- Lack of a strong networking culture
- Innovation efforts focus on technology or products
- It’s all about the usual suspects
- Executives and innovation leaders underestimate the speed of change
[List] 10 questions you should never stop asking
Read the full article - The 10 Questions You Should Never Stop Asking.
I think these questions are essential for business people either starting up or running one.
- What is our purpose for existing?
- Who is our target customer?
- Why does anyone need what we’re selling?
- If there is a need, is it enough to support a profitable business?
- What were our competitors up to?
- Can you reduce expenses—without harming the product?
- Do we have the right leadership?
- Do we have the right employees?
- How will we continue to drive revenue?
- How are your employees holding up?
List : 5 steps to losing your money
Read the full article - 5 steps to losing your money
p/s: not really technical, but sure is handy for every developer :)
List : 12 APIs for next big mashups
Read the full article - 12 APIs For Creating The Next Big Mashup
p/s: Anyone using Bing seriously? I don’t
List : 7 Tips for freelancers
- have fixed hours when you’re working
- Remove all distractions.
- Before you start working, get inspired.
- Allow yourself to have a proper lunch break.
- Allow yourself to have 3-4 small breaks everyday
- Get out from your home for lunch with friends from time to time.
- Never work more than 8 hours a day, unless you absolutely have to.
List : Anatomy of a Software Implementation Project
This is just a list of the content of the original article. Read the original article By Cindy Waxer
- Think beyond IT.
- Govern yourself accordingly.
- Prepare for change.
- Driving adoption.
- Anticipate tech headaches.
- Get help.